Taitiofng (臺中 Taichung) ti Taioaan saihvoa ee tiongpo, si tør-siong texsvaf toa ee sviachi, siepvy lorng ho Taitiofng-koan paw tiaau leq.
- The name Taitiofng (Jidguo: 臺中 Taichū; "central Taiwan") was bestowed by the Japanese rulers after Taiwan was ceded to Japan by the Treaty of Shimonoseki (1895).
- Was called Toaxtwn (大墩 Toatun) since 1705, before being designated by the Qing as capital of the island prefecture (Taioaan-huo) in 1887. Tailaam had been the capital for the previous 200 years.
- The government intended to only temporarily move to Taipag while Toaxtwn was being upgraded...however, the move became permanent.