From Taioaan Wiki
- The compound vowel øe is dialectal may be substituted with oe to avoid the use of ø.
- Example: gøeh -> goeh
- It is generally oe in the north and e in the south, but there is no strong rule.
- The verb øe (會†; to be able to / to possibly / will) is shortened as just in most places.
|Region||the verb e|
- Governor-General of Taiwan (1931-1932). "ōe (能)", in Ogawa Naoyoshi, ed. 臺日大辭典 [Taiwanese-Japanese Dictionary] (in Japanese and Taiwanese) 1. Taihoku: 同府 [Dōfu]. p. 152.
- Different Taiwanese Dialects and Derivative Vowels